DIY Himalayan Salt Candle Holder Jar Project
Learn how to make your own DIY Himalayan Salt Candle Holder Jar!
These enchanting candle jars feature Himalayan Pink Salt click here which emit an inviting glow in hues of peach/pink. They make wonderful Christmas, Birthday, Wedding or Anniversary gifts or can be used to create a warm, festive atmosphere at Holiday dinner tables.
The following directions allow you to quickly and easily create beautiful Himalayan Salt Jar Candle Holders for tranquil, soothing lighting in any location of the home. Enjoy this project with your children, friends or family, and don’t forget to try a salty and sweet Himalayan Salt treat recipe for extra special fun!
Materials needed to make 1 jar candle holder:
- 1 glass jar (I used a sturdy, old fashioned square jar I found at the Dollar Tree, you can use any type you prefer.)
- 2lbs Super Course Grain Himalayan Salt (or enough to fill your jar, this depends on the size of the jar)
- 1 small votive candle holder (small enough to fit inside the larger glass vase with enough room left between the votive holder and vase to fill in with about 1″ of salt all the way around the votive holder)
- Place the glass votive holder inside the glass jar, make sure it sits directly in the center of the jar (as depicted in the image to the right)
- Using a spoon or culinary scoop, carefully fill in the jar with Himalayan Salt up to the rim of the votive holder. Do not allow any salt to fall into the votive holder.
- Place a scented votive candle (I used a cream colored, vanilla scented candle) in the votive holder and light!
You should now have a beautiful candle holder jar filled with Himalayan Salt which will emit a beautiful glow when the candle is lit! These can be made very quickly and make wonderful conversation pieces. As you will see, the warm coloring of the salt creates inviting, festive candle light!
Where to buy Super Course Grain Himalayan Salt – Click Here>